- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Service or services. Basno automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. Basno may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Service or services so that we can make the Service appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use the Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Basno cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Sharing of Your Personal Information Using the ServiceThe Service is designed to help you share information. This not only includes the information that you provide directly to Basno, but also information that you broadcast to Third Party Services using the Service. You can control your information through your privacy settings accessible through the ‘settings’ tab once you’re logged into the Service.
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and, unless selected otherwise, may be available to the wider Basno community or may be published on the Basno website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines. Individuals reading this information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. Therefore, we urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in user-inputted content that you create in the Service.
Will Basno Share Any of the Information It Receives?Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share your Personal Information only as described below.
- In General: We do not use your Personal Information without your consent. We may use anonymous data to provide third parties with statistics that might be relevant to the marketing and sale of their goods and services.
- Information from Badge Issuers: We may receive information about you (such as email address, Badge entitlement and other information) from Badge issuers. We will use that information solely to invite you to claim a Badge and to verify your entitlement to the Badge.
- Claiming of Badges: We will share with issuers of Badges that you have claimed their Badge. Please refer to the issuer’s privacy practices to determine how they will use that information.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: For clarity, we may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, with service providers, and other persons with whom we conduct business. Conversely, these service providers and other persons may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
- Advertisers: We do not share your Personal Information with advertisers without your consent. We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your age or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, business with whom Basno becomes affiliated may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Service. In other situations, Basno may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Basno’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- User Profiles: User profile information including user name, Twitter account name, Facebook account name, and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Service.
- Promotional Offers: We may send you offers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Basno, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Basno goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Basno may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of Basno and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Basno, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?Your Basno account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Basno endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Basno cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access?You can change or access your Personal Information directly through the Service or for information maintained by Third Party Services, through that Third Party Service, such as Facebook Connect.
Deleting Your AccountIf you terminate your account, your profile, including any Badges, will be removed from the Site and deleted from Basno’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Basno, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media. Even after your account is terminated, Basno may retain and use certain data contributed by you and certain demographic data about you, indefinitely.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can use many of the features of the Service without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Basno features.
- In certain circumstances, you are able to add or update certain information on pages as described in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You delete your account via your account settings page. Please note that Basno will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the account, and some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send us a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. Effective Date: September 16, 2011