About this badge
At our two-day training in a small, interactive classroom setting, Seleni Institute clinicians trained attendees on effective treatments for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and perinatal loss, using lectures, case studies, and role-play techniques. Utilizing the most current theoretical and research findings, we covered the three critical steps to treating perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs) and grief from miscarriage, stillbirth, and child loss.
Attendees learned to:
- Differentiate normative experiences such as the “baby blues” from the wide range of perinatal distress that encompass PMADs.
- Implement interventions based on a model of treatment informed by the cognitive behavioral therapy framework, a first-line, evidence-based approach.
- Evaluate the need for additional interventions, including psychiatric consultation and collaboration as well as psychopharmacological interventions.
- Diagnose and implement effective interventions and patient care management strategies for normative and complicated grief related to miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal loss, and the death of a child.
- Help clients make decisions about whether and how to move forward with building a family.
- Identify risk factors for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and suicide.
- Implement tools to prevent clinician burnout and enhance self-care and connection to meaning in your own life.
To attend this training and claim this badge, please register here: https://www.seleni.org/trainings/ma...siv